5.9.09

I want to stare at The Men Who Stare At Goats

If there's one Hollywood film I am really looking forward to it's the incredibly titled The Men Who Stare At Goats. Yes you read that right. One look at the cast and you are already in love with the film. George Clooney, Kevin Spacey, Jeff Bridges and Ewan McGregor! Well, you may not be fans of all of them but is it possible that you don't admire a single one of the four? As for me, I am a huge Kevin Spacey fan, a Big Lebowski myself - you know as much as it's possible here in Calcutta - and I really dig George Clooney's style. That gives me three reasons to watch the film.
And then I saw the trailer.
I saw it again.
And again.
Again.
And I laughed and I laughed and I laughed.
Well, all of you who have stumbled on this page MUST catch the trailer (link below). But here's what it's about. Reporter Bob Wilton (McGregor) is in search of his next big story when he encounters Lyn Cassady (Clooney), who claims to be a “warrior monk” with unparalleled psychic power. He and his tribe can read the enemy’s mind, pass through solid walls, and can kill a goat simply by staring at it! What's more, the program’s founder, Bill Django (Bridges), has gone missing and Cassady’s mission is to find him. When the pair do track down Django at a clandestine training camp, they are up against renegade psychic Larry Hooper (Spacey). 
The Men Who Stare at Goats was inspired by Jon Ronson’s non-fiction bestseller of the same name, an eye-opening and often hilarious exploration of the government’s attempts to harness paranormal abilities to combat its enemies. The screenplay was featured on the 2006 Black List, a listing of the best unproduced screenplays of the year. The film is set to premiere next month at the Toronto International Film Festival, before hitting theaters in the US on November 6th.
Avatar can wait. I want my goats. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you.
    I can't wait!

    J.A.P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neither can I! It's like I want to fly down to the US to catch a show. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanx......looking forward to see the film..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. Not exactly a movie buff but I'll watch this.

    Dheer

    ReplyDelete
  5. This film seems totally whack... gotcha watch it for sure...

    ReplyDelete